The Fatima Crusader
Comments on the
From the previous report “The Vatican-Moscow Agreement”, it seems that Pope John XXIII gave his word not to let the Vatican Council attack Communism as such. Pope John XXIII kept his word. But this does not now bind the Catholic Church because the Pope, who is the Vicar of Jesus Christ — His personal representative — cannot go beyond the authority given to him by Jesus. Jesus, who was anointed by God — because He loved justice and hated iniquity — cannot tolerate that something as evil and dangerous to our eternal salvation as Communism is, be not denounced. Pope John XXIII had hoped by his promised silence for a short while to obtain a lessening of the persecution of the Church behind the Iron Curtain.1 He knew that millions and millions of Catholics — lay people, bishops and priests were murdered, jailed and exiled by communist agents only because they believed and practiced the Catholic Faith. By experience, Pope John XXIII realized that the so-called Free countries of the West, despite their protests to the contrary were either unable or unwilling to protect these innocent Christians behind the Iron Curtain.2
There is no need for us to feel superior with the further experience of 20 years to know that John XXIII made a serious error in judgement.3 His error was due to the fact that we did not win for him by our prayers and penance the grace he needed to see clearly and act accordingly. His silence resulted in the error of Communism being spread within the Church in North and South America and in “Free” Europe and Africa and Asia, because the communist and militant Atheistic propaganda machine in the East and West did not stop its multi-million dollar war of lies against the faith.
If the message of Fatima was not heeded Russia would spread its errors throughout the world, Our Lady said at Fatima. Communism has continued its war of hatred and death against Catholic believers the world over — even to the point of hiring a man to shoot the Pope on May 13, 1981 — as Agca the gunman himself confessed openly in July of 1983 (see news report “Agca Accuses KGB of Involvement in Papal Assassination Attempt” in The Fatima Crusader issue #15).
We all now should know by this very bitter experience that Our Lady of Fatima is to be understood literally. Only She can help us. As She Herself stated on July 13, 1917, “I ALONE CAN HELP YOU”4. She warned us all by the Great Sign of Fatima seen all over Europe and different parts of North America and Africa by millions and millions of people that the world would be punished by the persecution of the Church and the Holy Father.
God worked the great miracle of January 25-26, 1938 greater than the Miracle of the Sun in 1917 — in order to warn mankind in general of the punishment of the world because mankind did not heed Our Lady’s pressing appeal at Fatima. She specified that this “Great Sign” — as She Herself called it — was a sign that the world would be punished by the persecution of the Catholic Church. Note well that She did not say the Church would be punished by the persecution of the Church — but rather She said the world would be punished by the persecution of the Church and of the Holy Father.
|God knew of the Satanic plot against the Church whereby the militant atheists of east and west would use Russia to persecute and silence the moral authority of the Catholic Church and the Pope. To save us from this plot God sent Our Lady to Fatima to these three children to tell us all what we must do in our own lives. God also commanded through Our Lady of Fatima all the bishops to join with the Pope in consecrating Russia|
We see now in retrospect how the Church and the Holy Father have been tricked and beaten and persecuted into not denouncing the dangers of Russian Communism for the last 20 years. We see that Rome-Moscow agreement has harmed and endangered the Free World — see “The Present-Day Persecution of the Church by Communist Russia Seriously Threatens Your Eternal Salvation” in this issue. We see that through the persecution of the Church and the Holy Father that the Consecration of Russia by the Pope and all the Bishops has not yet been fulfilled. If this continues much longer the whole world will be enslaved by Russia and various nations will be annihilated. All these things are a result of the persecution of the Church. This persecution is a result of mankind’s not heeding Our Lady’s requests that we convert and fulfill Her call to prayer of the Rosary and fulfillment of daily duty.
God wants us all to know that the world is being punished by the persecution of the Church and of the Holy Father. This knowledge will help us to remain loyal to John Paul II and to support him by our prayers and sacrifices and our moral support. This knowledge will also help us understand events taking place within the Church. Since the persecution of the Church is for the most part hidden from our eyes by the enemies of the Church, God worked this Great Sign to let us know and understand what is happening.
Our help is in the name of the Lord. Neither treaties nor understandings with East or West if they are based on things against God’s Commandments will save us believers. Nor will treaties which go against the Command of Our Lady of Fatima help us.
To protect ourselves from the wolves and bears outside and inside The Flock, we must listen and obey Our Lady of Fatima. As She said at Fatima — only She can help us. To be sure we are not led astray by error which is spread around and near us — we must pray the Rosary every day — Our Lady of Fatima said we must.
The only answer to the dilemma of death or enslavement presented to true believers and true shepherds (those priests and bishops loyal to Jesus and Mary and loyal to Pope John Paul II) by the militant atheistic regime in Russia, whose real purpose is to destroy Christianity and which is secretly but powerfully helped by militant atheists in the West5 is to obey to the letter the commands of Jesus and Mary given at Fatima.
The Pope and bishops are duty bound together to solemnly and explicitly consecrate Russia on one specific day to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.6
We, laity and religious and priests, are duty bound before God and men to fulfill Our Lady’s requests in our own lives. You will do the minimum Our Lady is asking of you if you copy, sign and keep the following Fatima Crusade pledge which was given to us by Sister Lucy and which is addressed to Our Lady. It is as follows:
Dear Queen and Mother, who promised at Fatima to convert Russia and bring peace to all mankind, in reparation to Your Immaculate Heart for my sins and the sins of the whole world, I solemnly promise: 1) To offer up every day the sacrifices demanded by my daily duty; 2) To say part of the Rosary (five decades) daily while meditating on the Mysteries; 3) To wear the Scapular of Mt. Carmel as profession of this promise and as an act of consecration to You. I shall renew this promise often, especially in moments of temptation.
(This pledge is not a vow and does not bind under pain of sin. Nevertheless it is a promise — your word to your Heavenly Mother.)
1. During World War II, Pope Pius XII used to denounce the crimes of Hitler and the Nazis in the public press and radio. But Hitler retaliated to these rebukes by having 10 prisoners of war — marched out of their cells and without any trial or reason — murdered. They were executed at the order of Hitler each time Pius XII spoke out against the crimes of the Nazis. Furthermore apparently there was no proportionate immediate good achieved by the denunciation by Pope Pius XII so he decided not to publicly denounce these crimes for a while because all he had apparently succeeded in doing was to send more men to be executed. This policy of Pope Pius XII to not further denounce these crimes as a short term policy was right due to the circumstances the Pope was constrained by.
Pope John XXIII may have used the same line of reasoning in negotiating with the Communist regimes behind the Iron Curtain. He realized that innocent people were being slaughtered and that no country powerful enough was willing to come to the aid of these oppressed peoples. This was clearly seen when “the free world” was given a great opportunity in Hungary in 1956. Thus he may have felt that for a short time of silence regarding the evils of Communism (he thought the Council would only last a few months) — he could lessen the persecution of Catholics behind the Iron Curtain.
2. Pope John XXIII had many years experience in the diplomatic corps of the Vatican. He had seen how the Catholics and other peoples of Eastern Europe had been betrayed into slavery and death by President Roosevelt and Winston Churchill at Yalta in 1945. He saw that the perfidious Treaty of Yalta of 1945 gave large numbers of Catholics over into the hands of Russian Communists. He furthermore noted in 1956 that the free world of the West would not come to the help of Hungary when they succeeded in throwing off the yoke of their Russian oppressors. Thus, the Russians reentered Hungary in full force when America did not answer the call for help of free Hungary. So it became obvious to Pope John XXIII that those countries that had been betrayed by the Treaty of Yalta could not expect help from the “Free West”. Yet the blood of martyrs continued to flow and he felt duty bound to try to help his Catholic Brethren behind the Iron Curtain.
3. Some Catholics might wonder how the Pope could make such an error in judgment and still be infallible. This is best illustrated by a little story. Pope John XXIII at the beginning of Vatican II was trying to figure out if he should rent or buy the scaffolding needed in St. Peter’s which were to be used to support the bishops’ chairs during the council. He decided to rent this material rather than buy it because he thought the council would last a very short time so it would be cheaper to rent the scaffolding. When someone told Padre Pio that the Pope had so decided, Padre Pio predicted that the council would last longer than John XXIII thought and said that the Pope would have spent less money if he had bought the scaffolding. Padre Pio turned out to be right and Pope John XXIII had made an error in administrative judgment. In brief, infallibility refers to the teaching authority the Pope has from Christ whereby God has guaranteed that the Popes will not in their ordinary and universal magisterium or in their solemn and extraordinary exercise of the teaching office entrusted them by Christ ever teach an erroneous doctrine. The infallibility of the Pope does not at all guarantee us that the Pope will not make errors in the administration of the Church.
4. See the article “The Heart of the Fatima Message” by Father Joseph de Ste. Marie explaining this statement of Our Lady in The Fatima Crusader Issue #13-14.
5. That powerful men in Western Society continue to help the advance of world-wide Communism is seen from the following items: Item #1. It seems that very powerful men in the West are trying to stop the truth about the hired assassin who was paid by the K.G.B. to shoot the Pope on May 13, 1981 from being known. See Claire Sterling’s book — “The Time of the Assassins”. (Order from The Fatima Crusader.) Mr. Agca has himself confessed to having been hired by the Communist agents to shoot Pope John Paul II. Item #2. Pope Pius XI stated that the regime in Russia would not have lasted if it were not for the silence of the press in the West.
For further light on these efforts of the militant atheists in Western society see the booklet Our Lady’s Urgent Appeal to Us in the 1980’s. See also the book Fatima and the Great Conspiracy. Both are available from The Fatima Crusader.
6. See The Fatima Crusader 11-12 “World Peace Depends on the Catholic Bishops and You” where the serious moral obligation of the Pope and the Bishops to consecrate Russia is demonstrated by Scripture and Theology.