The Sacred Heart and
The Immaculate Heart
The Guardian Angel of Portugal appeared to the three children of Fatima to prepare them for Our Lady’s appearance. He joined the devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus with the devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. He said, The Hearts of Jesus and Mary have merciful designs on you. The angel taught them to pray to God for the conversion of sinners through the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. We can see the importance the Two Hearts have in our lives.
Jesus gave St. Margaret Mary Alacoque great promises to those who would honor His Sacred Heart. To encourage your devotion we reprint below the twelve promises of the Sacred Heart.
The Twelve Promises of Our Lord
to Those who Honor His Sacred Heart:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced.
12. The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus,
have mercy on us.
Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
Our Lady of Fatima revealed to Lucy the great promise for those who fulfill the Five First Saturdays in reparation to Her Immaculate Heart. While Lucy was praying in her cell at the convent, Our Lady appeared, together with the Child Jesus elevated on a cloud of light. Our Lady rested one hand on Lucy’s shoulder. In the other, she held a heart surrounded with sharp thorns. The Child Jesus spoke first:
“Have pity on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother. It is covered with the thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to remove them with an act of reparation.”
Then Our Lady said,
“My daughter, look at My Heart encircled with the thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, by their blasphemies and ingratitude. Do you at least try to console Me and announce in My name that I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to Confession and receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary and keep Me company for a quarter of an hour while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to My Immaculate Heart.”
Will you not also heed Jesus’ requests to console His Heart and the Heart of His Mother?
The Fatima Crusader